This page is maintained by the
🤗 Meet the Team / About us
The product team is currently 6 people strong – we’re a small bunch, but we get a lot done!
Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer
Pierre is leading the product management team at HelloBetter. His move to mental health came from a realisation that most users from his previous company (8fit) were using the fitness app for their mental health rather than physical appearance. Before that, he was CPO of MONOQI and then General Manager of their B2B unit. Pierre studied Management at the LSE and at HEC Paris.
Lena is probably one of the first-ever employees of HelloBetter, joining as an intern in Hamburg in 2018 when HB was still GET.ON Institut. Lena has a Master of Science (Psychology) and works closely with the content team. She is the responsible PM for the red squad in the Engineering setup.
Having worked in various digital areas such as consulting, communication and operations, Tanja knew for some time already that product management was her cup of tea. With a Master's degree in Information Studies, which further deepened the various areas of product development, she joined HelloBetter in November 2021 and is the responsible PM for the blue squad in the Engineering setup.
Product & User Researcher
Nina joined HelloBetter in April 2021 and is responsible for exploring and analyzing user needs, motivation, and emotions in relation to our products. Her goal is to be the spokesperson for our users and include them in as much of the product development as possible, i.e., through surveys, interviews, focus groups, our innovation circle, usability tests, or workshops with our team. She’s a Psychologist and CBT psychotherapist by trade and has a passion for video games, outdated meme GIFs, and dystopian novels.
Senior Product Designer
Jade joined HelloBetter in April 2021 and is responsible for the design of the HB service across desktop and mobile platforms. She also looks after the entire brand look and feel across channels. Originally from Australia and arriving in Berlin in 2019, Jade has an agency background in interactive design. She’s also an avid hiker and photographer outside of the design space.
Lead Product Manager
Paul joined in June 2022 after working on another mental wellbeing app for 18 months. As a PM team lead, he cares for the health of his team and the health of our platform. He loves working on products that help people become better version of themselves and has spent 20 years on the product side at various large and small companies. After work, he plays 🏓 🏸 with his son and 🥾 ⛰️.
🧠 How We Think & Work
Some of our principles for working together include:
- Our product decisions are “data-informed” not data-driven
- We believe in leading with empathy
- We believe in Involving users/patients in our product development
- We have a Growth mindset:
“In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.” (Dweck, 2015)
- We value ownership and giving everyone enough space and autonomy to be able to grow
- We believe that everyone’s voice should be heard, and everyone’s perspective counts, no matter their seniority or hierarchy level
- We believe that mistakes are inevitable if you’re doing something worthwhile. “Failure” can be a valuable opportunity to receive feedback and learn.
- We walk the thin line between pushing innovation and respecting the regulatory processes and boundaries that are set for us
🎯 Mission & Objectives
💪 Team Responsibilities
Our ambition is simple: to build the world’s best mental health product!
- Making sure our Product helps users to stay on track and complete their course, even during stressful and busy times
- Making our users feel happy about our product and their experience with the product
- Making it easy for our users to share their progress with their doctor or psychotherapist (if they wish to)
- Helping users to implement their learnings from the program into their day-to-day by staying active between sessions
- Exploring our users’ needs and pain points, learning about their wishes and what does (and doesn’t) work for them
- Aligning and prioritizing our Product Road Map and deriving new product initiatives based on our users’ needs, as well as other Teams’ requirements
🚀 Current Projects
- Improving the user experience during Onboarding, and first steps in the product
- Improving the Symptom Check, and the Symptom Check results overview
- Enabling users to complete their course units on their mobile devices
🤝 Learn more about us
We value each other not only as co-workers, but also as human beings who have rich lives and interests outside of work. Here’s a little peek into our personal backgrounds.
🌍 Where we’re from
Even though we’re a small team, we’re a very diverse bunch. We’re currently all located in Berlin, but we’ve lived and worked in many places all around the globe:
👍 What we like
📺 📚🎬 TV shows, books, and movies
We can definitely get our nerd on, sometimes. Here is a selection of our favorites:
🔋 Our Energizers
These are some things that give us back energy after a long week, things that we enjoy doing in our free time.